sabato 2 maggio 2009

I write, you write, she writes...


Hi all!
How are you?
This time I would like to start with an question: have you ever heard about Google Docs?
Let me tell you something about this useful tool!

Google Docs is another fantastic tool provided by Google. It gives you the possibility to have
always your documents at hand because they are online! Forget about usb devices, e-mail attachments or things like that! You can open and edit your docs from any computer! I think it can be very useful for me: I often start working on a doc from my computer and then need to edit it from the university labs. This can be a problem because sometimes you're not allowed to use a pendrive or you cannot access to your e-mail account. Google Docs helps you solve these problems!

Moreover,
Google Docs is perfect if you're looking for 'interactive writing': other people can edit the same doc - at the same time - and work on it to have a successful collaboration on the same piece of writing. This doesn't mean that anybody can modify your text: only invited people can see and edit your doc; it is private sharing.

Google Docs can be useful not only if you need to work on different computers, but also if you need to work with other people on the same doc. As far as I'm concerned, I think I would like to use it while writing my final thesis: it would be useful to share my thesis with my supervisor and it would be easy to get his corrections. True, reading a long text on a screen can be difficult, but it would save a lot of time and paper!

See you next week!

Elisa


2 commenti:

  1. Hi Elisa,
    thanks for your comment in my blog! I'm appreciating more and more this online communication :-)
    I think as well that Google Docs would be useful for our final thesis, but as Sarah pointed out, we cannot eliminate the direct, 'real' communication with our supervisior.
    You wrote this post in clear way, and I didn't find any mistake, except for one thing: "This time I would like to start with an answer: have you ever heard about Google Docs?" well...isn't it question rather than answer? :D

    See you tomorrow!!

    Francesca

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Francesca,
    yes, it is a question... you cannot imagine how tired I was when I wrote the post... and this is the result! :-D

    See you soon!

    Elisa

    RispondiElimina