domenica 22 marzo 2009

Reflective Blogging 2 - RSS


Hello everybody!
How are you?
This time I would like to talk about RSS and Feed Aggregators... What do you think about them?
You know, I was not interested in feeds... but during our last lesson I realized that they are quite useful if you want to stay updated on the blogs or websites you're interested in! It's like having someone always telling you that somebody added that post or updated that website...You don't need worry about losing important news or an interesting post because RSS does the job for you!

For this reason, I don't understand why sometimes it's impossible to find the little RSS icon... I mean, there are websites in which the RSS icon seems to be...hidden; it is very small or it is quite difficult to find... If feeds are so useful, why do we
have to go RSS icon-hunting? If you want to know more about RSS you can obviously have a look at Wikipedia ;-D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)
I also started
to use Bloglines ( http://www.bloglines.com/ )! I think it is fantastic! It gives me the possibility to arrange all my feeds and to see new posts or news in one page without going to that website or that blog. Moreover, I can decide whether I'm interested in the new post or not simply by viewing the title, and I think this is very useful most of all for feeds of newspapers and news networks.
Now that I know both RSS and Feed Aggregators I guess I will use them to stay up to date with all the websites I'm interested in and not only for educational purpose. It is a useful and simple technology everybody can use... What are you waiting for?
Bye!

Elisa

2 commenti:

  1. Hi!
    I like your post and think I will keep on using Bloglines even after this experience. It seems to be very useful, especially if you need a constant update, but ever you ever thought about why there are many sites that do not have feeds or rss? Wouldn't it be useful?
    See ya next lesson,
    bye!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Elisa, fist of all thanks for your comment in my blog.
    I had the same problem as you in finding the little RSS icon in some websites. It's true that it is a useful tool,and I would like to keep using it outside the course, too. The problem is, kile for blogs, being constant in using them.
    I think after this course we will be a little more technologic :-)
    Just one little thing on language that I noticed in your post: you wrote "You don't need to bother about losing an important news". You probably meant "you don't need to worry about losing.."the verb "to bother" doesn't want "about". I think You may say "you don't need to bother loosing/to loose.."

    Bye bye, have a nice day :-)

    Francesca

    RispondiElimina