lunedì 30 marzo 2009

Social Bookmarking is DELICIOUS!


What a delicious discovery! I'm not playing with words, I just want to write something about social bookmarking and about Delicious. I had no idea what social bookmarking was, but this brand-new discovery opens up the door of a new world!
First of all, Delicious is a social bookmarking service. As far as bookmarking is concerned, it gives you the possibility to save and use bookmarks even if you are not visiting the Web from your computer. I must admit Delicious was a surprise, because I didn't even know this kind of tool existed...
But the best is yet to come, so let's talk about the adjective ' social'! It is not simply a matter of bookmarking! With Delicious you can share your bookmarks with other people! This means that Delicious can be considered a sort of library! Moreover, people sharing their bookmarks add to them specific labels - called tags - in order to identify the website, so everybody can easily find what they're looking for.
I visited some bookmarks my peers saved and I think this is a good way of sharing knowledge! Francesca, for example, saved a very useful website for ESL. It is an interesting website where you can find grammar or pronunciation lessons, but also jokes and proverbs. On the other hand, Sarah saved an 'academic' website, ESP-World, where you can read all that you need to know about English for Specific Purposes. It is a web-based journal and it is very useful if you want to see ESP from different points of view.
Enjoy Delicious, it's delicious!

PS: From now on in my posts I will use only personal images... I'm going to be original, so let's see what will happen...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento